Use the built-in WiFi and Thinkware mobile app (available for compatible iOS and Android smartphones) to position your dash cam, review videos, and customize your settings. Thinkware’s FA200 mobile app features various configuration modes, for you to navigate and tweak your dash cam to perfection.
Advanced Parking Mode
Thinkware Advanced Parking Mode will protect your car while the ignition is turned off. It’s most notable features are:
- Impact Detection will capture impacts caused to the vehicle such as any hit-and-run driver in the act while you are away.
- Motion Detection will capture any motion around the vehicle for potential vandalism attempts.
- Energy Saving in Parking Mode extends coverage duration exponentially by keeping the dash cam in a power-saving mode during inactivity. The dash cam enters a Sleep Mode and wakes up almost instantly after an impact has been detected to safely record and store the next 20 seconds.
This unique Parking Mode feature is perfect for dash cams with smaller SD cards. Time Lapse records footage at a lower frame rate while reducing video size, to cover a longer period of surveillance. This feature operates for up to 72 hours (3 days) after the ignition is turned off.
*Available with the optional hardwiring kit. Subject to vehicle battery size/health.
Integrated Thermal Protection
The Integrated Super Capacitor and Thermal Sensor enhances reliability in extreme temperatures. When a vehicle gets too hot, Thinkware’s Thermal Sensor will automatically turn off the dash cam. The Super Capacitor is also a reliable alternative to traditional lithium-ion batteries, as there are no chemicals which contain potentially dangerous contents.
Safety Camera Alerts*
With the optional GPS antenna, the dash cam can track the road and direction of travel to notify the driver of photo enforced areas for safe driving.
*Safety camera alerts must be enabled. GPS Antenna (sold separately) required.
Full HD 1080p with 140° Viewing Angle
Records 140° distortion free, wide view angle in Full HD 1080p at 30 fps with Wide Dynamic Range for correctly exposed, true-color video.
Saving and managing your video footage is just as important as recording high quality videos. Stop data fragmentation and file corruption with Thinkware’s Anti-File Corruption Technology.
By dedicating pre-allocated space in your memory card for each video segment, this prevents bad data-storage and eliminates the need for defragmentation, while extending the life of your memory card.
PC Viewer (for Windows and Mac OS)
Thinkware PC Viewer is your one-stop destination to conveniently review everything related to your dash cam, from incident footage to location details. Switch between Front-Camera Display, and Google Map Display, and more, while reviewing the footage in your Video Playlist Manager.
Our favorite things about the Thinkware FA200
- Sony EXMOR 1080p:
1080p CMOS sensor with excellent exposure control and contrast for consistent day-and-night recording quality.
- Integrated Thermal Protection:
Integrated Super Capacitor and Thermal Sensor enhance reliability in extreme temperatures
- Anti-File Corruption:
Proprietary file management system eliminates data corruption and improves the reliability of the memory card.
- Intelligent Parking Surveillance *:
Enable motion and impact recording while the vehicle is off with the optional hardwiring installation.
- Safety Camera Alert *:
The GPS antenna tracks the road and direction of travel to notify the driver of photo enforced areas for safe driving.
- Optional Secondary Cameras Available:
- Rear View Camera:
720p Rear View Camera for personal or fleet vehicles, captures a clear view of the road behind the vehicle (mounts inside the vehicle).
- Inside View Camera:
720p Inside View Camera for personal or fleet vehicles, captures a clear view of the interior of the vehicle, even in pitch black.
- External Rear View Camera:
720p External Waterproof Rear View Camera, designed to work with personal vehicles or commercial trucks to capture a full view of the road behind the vehicle, from outside of the vehicle. Available in 49′ and 65′ (15 and 20 meter) cable lengths.
- Rear View Camera:
- Dimensions(WxDxH): 99 x 23 x 33mm / 3.9 x 0.9 x 1.3″
- Weight: 0.09lbs / 42.4g
- Memory: MicroSD card 16/32/64/128GB (UHS-I)
- Recording Modes:
Continuous Recording: records videos in 1 minute segments (dual channels are supported for recording the front and rear view)
Incident Recording: records 10 seconds before and after the incident (total 20 seconds)
Manual Recording: Records from 10 seconds before and 50 seconds after manually starting recording (total 1 minute)
Parking Recording (Parking Mode): Optional
- Camera Sensor: 2.12 MP 1/5.8″ CMOS 1080p
- Viewing Angle: 140° (Diagonal)
- Video: Full HD (1920 X 1080)/ MP4 / H.264
- Frame Rate: Maximum 30fps
- Acceleration Sensor: 3-Axis acceleration sensor (3D, ±3G)
- GPS: External GPS receiver (Optional)
- Input Power: DC 12/24V
- Power Consumption: 1CH: 2.9W / 2CH: 4.2W
- LED Indicators: Operation Status LED
- Alarm: Built In Speakers, Voice guidance
- Storage Temperature: -4° ~ 158°F / -20° ~ 70°C
- Operating Temperature: 14° ~ 140°F / -10° ~ 60°C
- Inputs: Power In, Secondary Camera Video In Port
- Warranty: One Year
Included in the Box
- Thinkware FA200 Dash Cam
- Adhesive Mount with 3M tape
- Car Charger or Hardwire Cable
- Adhesive Cable Holders (3ea)
- MicroSD memory card with adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- Optional: Secondary Camera
- Optional: GPS Antenna